Friday, February 10, 2012

seafood soup - sopa de mariscos

I made a stock out of the shrimp shells and the shells of some snow crab cluster.   made up the rest of the recipe out of what we had in the fridge....   I sweated garlic then added 1/4 of a chopped onion and small celery stalk.  Then 3 chopped vine ripened tomatoes, white wine, and then the stock.
I had some nice button mushrooms and some fresh TX okra that needed to be eaten...  so I threw a handful of each chopped up in there and some chopped cilantro.
I season here with seasoning blend I made using alderwood smoked sea salt, TX pequins, oregano, cumin and chipotle powder,  Its smokey hot and friggin delicious.  I used a ton of this stuff this week....  need to make more and I will post all about it...
When Cray Cray came home from work I added a few mussels, 1/4 lbs squid bodies, 1/4 lbs fresh bay scallops, and full pound of white gulf shrimp.  5 minutes here before serving.  I garnished with the pulled snow crab and a squeeze of lime, chopped scallion and fresh cilantro.
we had two servings each and my left overs the next day were so full of flavor, seafoody tremendous yum...
posting a second pic here so you can see all the pretty mussels

No comments:

Post a Comment