Sunday, February 26, 2012

Cod Fish in Yellow Curry and Coconut Milk


Cod was on special for 4.99 a pound.  I couldn't resist.  Cray Cray loves cod and was craving the curry we had last week with the shrimp, I had some stock left in the fridge.  The yellow curry.

sauté Garlic cloves and onion in a pat of butter...  slowly.  Then add yellow curry powder a 1 TBS (or more if you love a strong curry),  I add a little cayenne here too.   When the onions are translucent and the house smells of curry add the stock, about a cup and a little more.   If you have the time, puree with the hand blender with a 1/4 cup of coconut milk..  you can use more but this is some rich and fattening stuff,  I opt to keep the calories and fat calories down when I cook for my little Cray Cray...  so you do what yer gunna do here.
I added yellow squash, a tomato, asparagus, small chopped potato and a celery stalk and cooked a little while to make sure the potato was soft before adding the cod and covering.
We still eat the low calorie shirataki noodles so I pulled a bag of those and cooked them up on the side to serve the curry with, I also topped it with the last little bit of basil we had.
This dish may have been too low calorie,  I was still a little hungry.  so I made my potato chips a coule of hours later, seasoned with truffle salt and vanilla pepper.  These chips coulda won an award.  Cod was good to.  I will serve the other pound of cod tonight simply prepared with a side of eggplant parm. We bought a lot of cod.

No comments:

Post a Comment