Thursday, March 8, 2012

Radio HEad + lots of foods today

I was able to get some Radio Head tickets last minute but had a dinner party at 6:45 so I had to hustle in order to get there on time.  I made chicken tenders and white sauce, a mac and cheese casserole + and stracciatella.

I started by making one pound (undercooked) of gluten free mac and setting aside.  I started the sauce with two TBS of butter and made a roux with tapioca and rice flour adding four cans of evaporated milk.  sweet and delicious and much less fat than cream.   salt, pepper, a lil nutmeg and stir.  I stirred in a few cups of grated gruyere, and a few more of cheddar, some quatro formagi and a some Parmesan.  It was gooey heaven.  stirred in the dried mac and some organic frozen peas and poured into a greased casserole dish.  I made some gluten free bread crumbs with tapioca bread and baked some bacon simultaneously.  I mixed the bread crumbs with some fresh herbs and topped the mac with it + some reserve cheeses and the bacon.
baked for 30 at 350.

left over bread crumbs I mixed with parmesan and coated the chicken tenders after garlic powder, salt and pepper.  coated them in the GF flour, then egg wash, then bread crumb and pan fried in olive oil.  I made a basic white sauce.  started just like the sauce for the mac...  butter, flour roux...  and a few cups of fat free milk, reduce and stir adding parmesan and salt and pepper to taste.  boom.  kids meal done.
there were still some bread crumbs left so I mixed with two eggs and started boiling some chicken broth
with some of my fresh herbs.  I removed the herbs after they imparted their flavor.  Pour the hot broth into the egg, parm and bread crumb mixture and you have italian egg drop soup, the stracciatella.
I also made a quick solo veal parmesan bread the same as the chicken, a nice tomato puree, fresh mozz and baked with the mac.

I roasted a few medium tomatoes on the vine to garnish all of the above.
I cleaned the kitchen and raced to pick up my lil Cray Cray and head off to the Frank Erwin center for one of the greatest concerts I have seen in maybe forever...
We got home and were a little hungry.  I have left over shrimps from our shrimp enchiladas...  heated some tortillas, added a diced tomato to a hot skillet added my shrimps bathed in new mexican red sauce, and some shredded mexican cheese.  when the cheese was melted I filled the tortillas and topped with a slice of avocado.  Complimented by my red bridge michelada.  I did have no turned on any music and wont until tomorrow.  We considered going to see a band after but agreed it would be like going to McDonalds after eating a fine steak dinner.  There is nothing left to do this evening except digest.  Tomorrow there will be another party, and I will probably play my guitar and help them drink some tequila after wards.  I'll let you know the menu when I know something.

No comments:

Post a Comment