Tuesday, January 17, 2012

low cal low cost going on here... look out spring!

did I mention that these calorie restricted meals are super cheap?  These shirataki noodles are fun to dress up.  I went to Sun Harvest on the way home today and here's what we ate.  Fettucini style noodles with an eggplant sauce.
2 packs noodles ($2.50)
I cubed and fried the eggplant ($0.88) in olive oil salt and pepper.  In a separate pan I slow cooked chopped garlic on low then added 1/4 onion and 1/2 stalk of celery I had lying around.  added two diced roma tomatoes ($0.43).
When the eggplant was done I added it to the garlic sauteing with onion and celery.  In the hot eggplant pan I sauteed about 3/4 lbs. chopped mushrooms ($1.23) in a little olive oil.  when they were done I transferred to the other pan and stirred before adding a 12 oz. can of fire roasted mur glen organic tomatoes ($1.50).
we sprinkled with pecorino romano

total cost for two bowls of fettucini with eggplant sauce $6.54 with left overs

as for calories lets try and figure them out too
small eggplant -- let's call it 250
2 roma tomato's (flesh only ) --  60
1/4 cup -- 15
2 packs shirataki noodles - 80
mur glen 14.5 can roasted tomatoes-- 140
TBS olive oil -- 119
pecorino romano- 40

that's a total of 704 calories for two big portions with left overs...


No comments:

Post a Comment